The Temporal Bone Donor Society Inc. collects, stores and uses personal information for the purposes of administering the organisation and as required by law. The Temporal Bone Donor Society Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
The Temporal Bone Donor Society Inc. recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
The Temporal Bone Donor Society Inc. is bound by Victorian Privacy Laws, the Information Privacy Act 2000, as well as other laws, which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The Temporal Bone Donor Society Inc. has adopted the respective Privacy Principles contained in the Victorian Privacy Laws as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
In broad terms this means that we:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent or as required by law
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
How we use personal information:
We will only use the personal information you provide for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you contact us via electronic media, we will use your contact information only to respond to your request. Any personal details you provide will only be used to answer your query or respond to your comments.
We will not add your contact details to a mailing list or data store without your consent and you may, at any time, ask for your information to be removed from our files.
We will not disclose, sell or otherwise supply your personal information to any third party without your consent unless we are required to by law.
Please contact us if you would like more information.